Areas of Expertise:
Principles of Customer Relationship Building, Customer Experience in your Organization-Navigating Politics of Change
Mr. Sowards serves as the President and Executive Technologist for ENTRUST Technology , San Antonio’s leading Managed and Cloud Services provider. ENTRUST provides IT cloud and managed services to customer locations throughout Texas but with most being located in San Antonio, TX. The customer base includes small- and medium-sized businesses, typically with between 10 and 300 computer users but reaching up to Enterprise clients with 1000 computer users.
Mr. Sowards has forty years of experience in the computer services industry. Mr. Sowards founded an IT consulting company in March of 1991. Since that time, and through a series of mergers, acquisitions, and name changes that firm (ENTRUST ) has grown to employ more than 30 people.
Mr. Sowards as a well-regarded expert who regularly speaks on IT topics before industry groups such as the San Antonio Chapter of the Texas Society of CPAs.
Mr. Sowards also writes a series of whitepapers on IT topics for ENTRUST and which are published on the ENTRUST website (www.entrust.us.com).
Mr. Sowards graduated Summa Cum Laude from St. Mary's University in San Antonio, Texas in May 1983 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Computer Science and Applied Statistics with a minor in Drama.
Mr. Sowards graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio in May 2019 with a Master of Business Administration degree.
Mr. Sowards serves with local San Antonio organizations in the following capacities:
• Board of Directors for Food Safetynet Services, a nationwide food testing laboratory company
• International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners, Vice President of the San Antonio Chapter
• Texas Public Radio, Board Member, Chair of the Audit Committee
• South Texas Regional Water Planning Group, Region L, Small Business representative
• San Antonio Water System, Citizens Advisory Panel, District 8 representative