Josiah (kip) Harris
Stewart & Stevenson
Areas of Expertise:
I have been working in the Quality management for over 29 years of experience in implementing quality programs from inception through evaluation and improvement processes. A skilled auditor able to identify issues and their root causes as well as provide guidance for improving efficiency and effectiveness. Excellent interpersonal skills including formal and on-the-job training, customer issue resolution, and intermediary communications between management and employees.
• Implemented 5S and Root Cause Analysis with Corrective Action training for Branch and Departmental managers and supervisors which allowed managers and supervisors to better position staff and equipment to improve overall facility efficiency
• Implemented Risk-based thinking training for managers and supervisors
• ISO-9001 Lead Auditor Certification
• Awarded Six Sigma Black Belt from the University of Texas, Austin Campus
• Achieved Daimler Trucks, North America, Continuous Improvements Levels 1 and 2 certification
I retired from the United States Navy in 2001 with over 20+ years of service.